Wednesday 8 January 2014

Creating the symbol

Creating the symbol

After researching different kinds of symbols I have created mock-up of the" slaughter graph". After I have chosen the symbol it will be painted onto the body of my victim.

Palm Reading

Idea 1 -

I created this symbol from the lines found from palm reading. Each of these lines represent different characteristics my killer will have or gone through.

  • inconsistency in thought
  • sudden change in lifestyle
  • self made individual
  • emotional trauma
This symbol looks confusing and will be hard to piece together. Where the middle line crosses with the second horizontal line it looks similar to a crucifix bringing religious viewpoints into the crime.This would be left on Trevor's victims.

Occult symbols

Idea 2 -

My second design plays on the occult symbol ,satanic cross . The satanic cross is the questioning of god. This could be used as Trevor was a child when abandoned so questions a lot . He could also mirror those who have fallen under the power of Lucifer.

However my satanic cross has been recreated to suite the killer. The bottom of the symbol is the traditional upside down question mark as Trevor raises questions , who is he? why does he kill ? Is he still alive?. 
I have mimicked the crucifix by connecting an axe to the end of the question mark and through the dot . I chose an axe as it is Trevor's signature killing weapon. The horizontal part of the cross represents the "slaughtergraph"part of the film as it shows a razor (the piercing of the skin to make the symbol)

Rune symbol

Idea 3- 
After looking at the meanings and uses of different runes and chose the two which applied mostly to my character.
Nauthiz and Hagalaz which reveals Trevor's's emotions , past and intentions. 
It could also represent the devils "666" by the triple slashes. It could also link to a record of keeping of deaths (tally).

No comments:

Post a Comment