Friday 3 January 2014

Pros and Cons


Location : Pros and cons



When taking photos of the woods I considered the bad points as well as the good points about the location. It became apparent that many people pass through this location so is full of man-made problems I will have to avoid.

Problems-

1.Litter - As these woods are located behind an estate many people tip rubbish and litter as no one can see it. This however creates a problem for me as this rubbish not only makes it look dirty but will take away the horror vibe for my film. I will have to make sure none of this is visible in my film.




2. Graphitti -The tunnel where I would like to film is covered in colorful graphitti. This would not be a problem if around 90% of the walls weren't covered with rude and offensive words and pictures. As I do not want to promote this behavior or offend my audience with these images they will have to be hidden in my shots.



3.Signs and adverting - As the walkway is extremely close to the motorway , various signs and advertising are placed around the location. This cannot be visible in my film as it shows civilization and takes away the horror of isolation.




4.Pylons - The fields have a line of pylons which again can cause problems as they look ugly and modern . 







Motorway - The main problem is the woods are so close to the motorway the  sounds of cars going past is extremely loud and overpowers any dialogue . This means I can either use no dialogue in my film opening or film it in silence and narrate over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment