Monday 24 February 2014

Designing Institution

RIGOR MORTIS


I wanted to keep my earlier idea of the red candy skull but make it look more sinister than celebratory. This will highlight the horror genre and the overall feel of the film. I decided to make it look more scary by adding a flickering candle in my planning as a colourful skull on it's own will look too celebratory and bright. However I came to find that my skills were limited when making a moving image . This meant I had to change the idea again .

Making of the logo:

1. I found a image of a skull and candle  to use as a stencil on the internet as drawing any image on a laptop keyboard can prove challenging and unprofessional.

This is the stencil I used.




2. Using a free photo editing site

I wanted to use a good , reliable website which would allow me to carefully edit this image for free .
Click to enlarge

After searching for a free photo editor I found Pixlr which was very easy to use .




3.Basics - colouring in

The site is very easy to use. You simply open the image saved and it gives you the options above to edit . layer , filter and adjust. Firstly I filled the background in black to give off a sense darkness,

4. Ogars have layers

Using the layering tool I opened my plain image and zoomed into it to paint patterns and fill colours onto it without it becoming pix elated and scruffy . This took some time.


I then took the smudge brush to add a lighter black to give off a candle lit effect.

5. Finishing touches.

As the candle would have to be a still image I tried different shades of yellows and oranges to portray a glowing flame.I ended up with different flame types.






6. Title

I chose the first image as it looked effective and artistic . I then added a text for my title .I used a Large Gothic font . I ended up putting the "RIGOR" in capitals and black and "MORTIS" in red. The black text however is faint but I like it as it looks faded in the darkness away from the candle.

7. Moving image

As I am not a computer wiz I could not create the flicker but instead decided to make the image move altogether in Movie maker. I used a transition to zoom up the image as an illusion.

8. Music

To keep to the Day of the Dead theme as well as the horror I did not add music but a traditional Mexican cheer during a song.


Final -


No comments:

Post a Comment