Monday 24 February 2014

Diary-Day 1 of filming

Day 1

Purpose-

The purpose of this session of filming was to film my actress running away. This is so when it comes to filming props I will not be wasting Alanah and Priya's time as they are not needed.

How it went-

On the first day of filming the weather was windy and dull . This was a good setting for my filming as it created a realistic horror environment however caused some problems. As it was cold Alanah was uncomfortable as her jumper and shirt was were very thin and her hat continuously blew off which disturbed filming.
The filming took longer than expected so I did not capture all the footage I wanted as Alanah was getting warn out from running. However I got most of the filming with alanah in it done so I needed to change my sequence of footage as I did not get all of it done.

Preparation-

Before filming the three of us went to the supermarket (5 min walk) to get refreshments for the day. This kept both my actress Alanah and helper Priya happy.

Problems

The wind was again a problem as it interrupted filming , Also the woods used had a public footpath throughout , this resulted in occasional strangers walking past. This caused slight embarrassment as alanah has a dated outfit on and smudged makeup and also interrupted me filming as I as not comfortable with strangers seeing me direct.

Another problem was that Alanah did not understand my directions and I may have rushed through what she had to do . Alanah also had difficulty running in my Dr martens as I have larger feet and the design of boot are very heavy.

When using the camera a clamp stand was unavailable for me to use at the time . This resulted in a lot of my film being shaky as I felt pressured to keep it still.

Footage

Here are a few clips I have taken from filming which show some issues during filming.






No comments:

Post a Comment